So….I forgot to ever make this list. Trying to recreate it from memories, texting people I know I went to the movies with, we’ll see what I can come up with… I know I saw very, very few movies last year.
- A Wrinkle in Time (3/25) — didn’t really like. 🙁 Thought it was v. weak compared to the book.
- Sorry to Bother You — good, traumatizing, shock and awe in the best way.
- Blindspotting — good, upsetting, the truth of white privilege.
- Puzzle — I really enjoyed this. A quirky somewhat insular story, it was fascinating thinking about the different way people’s minds work. Also: I want his apartment!! (8/8)
- BlacKKKlansman — OMG SO GOOD SO GOOD SO GOOD. Best film of 2018, no doubt. (8/10)
- Crazy Rich Asians — fun enough. silly.
- Colette (10/7) — really amazing performance by Keira Knightley, I want ALL the clothes in this film.
That might be it, but I’ll update this if any of my feelers pay off.
ETA: Puzzle! I forgot Puzzle, but I randomly saw it while scrolling back through my Instagram feed. That is definitely a movie worth seeing!