I know – who cares at this point. I just need to get myself up to date here.
Absolutely Love & Adore:
Telekinesis (self-titled) – Poppy and Fun. Fave tunes are “Rust”, “Coast of Carolina” and “I Saw Lightning” .
Favorite Singles (not on any of the above albums):
- “Tear You Apart” She Wants Revenge (by far my favorite song of the month! and maybe the summer!)
- “How Your Heart Is Wired” Bell X1
- “Hypermode” A Shoreline Dream
- “The Last of the Melting Snow” The Leisure Society
- “We’ll See the Sun” Houses
- “More Time” Needtobreathe
- “Crazy Bitch” Buckcherry
- “Magic Show” Electric Owls
- “Percussion Gun” White Rabbits
Other Albums I Liked but Frankly Have Barely Listened to AT ALL:
I don’t know what was up with me in May, over the summer, or really this year, but all the below albums are 1) by artists I like and 2) decent albums and 3) I have barely listened to them at all. WTF? I guess it just wasn’t the right time for me with them.
- Eminem “Relapse” – Especially love “Bagpipes from Baghdad” “Deja Vu” and “Careful What You Wish For”. “We Made You” has a total Dick Tracy feel. And I’m pretty sure that is (actor) Dominic West on the “Dr. West” skit (I hate the skits on rap albums. My most unfavorite thing about them!).
- Green Day “21st Century Breakdown” – Not the tour de force their last album was but still really good. Fave songs are “Last of the American Girls” and bonus track “A Quick One While He’s Away”.
- Phoenix “Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix” – oh so cheeky that title. I usually listen to this one straight through (the few times I have actually listened to it!); it’s so (consistently) upbeat and fun. But I guess “1901” and “Lasso” do stand out to me.
- Red House Painters “Songs for a Blue Guitar” – an oldie I bought after my friend Craig tweeted about it a zillion times in one week.