- My super ancient now iPod. I don’t even know how long I’ve had this one but more than 5 years certainly.
- My 3G iPhone. Yes 3G not even 3GS. Bought May 2009.
- My stupid ailing 43-and-10/12ths-year-old feet.
- My UPass.
- My health insurance.
1) Generally I am such an expert mind wanderer, no matter what the task at hand. But while running, sadly, my mind maintains an excruciatingly minute focus on every…single…stupid…plodding step.
2) I see the benefits of intervals (I am reaping them, as it were), but when the first few steps are so hard to take, do you really want to have to make that choice several times during each run?